Learn how one firm transitioned $700 million in under six weeks.
First impressions are important. They can set you up on the right footing or leave a poor taste in your mouth that can sour a relationship.
At TradePMR, we believe that your first experience with our team should reflect the service and support that you can expect throughout our relationship. That’s why we invest heavily in delivering white-glove service every day, starting at your transition to our platform.
This focus on strong support has helped streamline the transition process for hundreds of advisors moving to our platform, including a firm that recently joined TradePMR – Fairhaven Wealth Management (Fairhaven).
Fairhaven moved over $700 million in client assets to TradePMR in under 6 weeks. This is no small feat and was made possible through the collaboration between the Fairhaven team and TradePMR’s Transitions specialists.
Developing a Tailored Approach
Every RIA is different. This means every team has a unique structure, a unique way of maintaining client data, and unique way of handling client relationships. Our team starts every transition process by diving into your business.
We take the time to figure out how your team works, so we can support you in a way that makes sense. We learn about the client service and operational sides of your business, and what resources you have available to support your team throughout your transition.
By understanding how you operate, we can better execute a smooth transition and get you up-and-running on TradePMR with minimal impact to your business.
We work to support RIAs joining our platform in a few key ways:
- Supporting Client Conversations – We leverage our years of experience supporting RIA transitions by providing some key tips on how to handle your client conversations surrounding your transition. Switching custodial service providers should have a minimal impact on your client’s day-to-day relationship with your firm, but many clients could see the move as a shock at first. Properly messaging the move to your clients is one of your first steps in completing a successful transition.
- Prepping Your Team – A successful custodial services transition is a full team effort. Everyone at your RIA will need to work together to make sure all the i’s are dotted and the t’s are crossed. We’ll help you build a plan to make sure your whole team can contribute to the transition, and no one team member is handling all the work on their own.
- Accuracy at Scale – There is a lot of information that needs to be moved when transitioning custodial service providers. You’ll want to maintain historical data and ensure you bring all the relevant documentation from your client relationships with you to your new vendor. Our Transitions team will work with you to make sure you have everything you need to start growing with your new provider.
- Advanced Technology – With new technology offerings like our new digital account transfer tool, we can more seamlessly move your client accounts to the Fusion platform. Transferring these massive amounts of data leaves a lot of opportunities for human error – by automating major parts of the transition, we can more securely and accurately transition client information, and get you up-and-running on our platform faster than ever before.
- Launching Your New RIA – For advisors breaking away and launching a new RIA, our team provides the insights and resources to announce your move to the world. We’ll work with you to determine the best way for you share the news and are here to answer your questions as you navigate the next stage of your business. Many new RIAs are taking on traditional marketing for the first time, and we’re here to support you throughout that process.
Thinking of Making a Transition?
If you’re considering switching or adding a new custodial service provider to your roster, we should talk. We can discuss your unique business, and if TradePMR could be the right fit for your firm.
Still unsure what the custodial transitions process would look like? Check out an on-demand webinar from TradePMR’s Head of Transitions, Amie Shields, and Managing Director, Rob Dilbone.
The pair talk about our approach to transitions, tips to streamline the process, and ways our technology, white-glove service and experienced staff aim to make the move as seamless as possible.